For Adults – Students
- April 12, 2023 – Wednesday – 6 pm After-Hours! PLACES, PEOPLE AND POETRY: A READING WITH MARC HARSHMAN West Virginia’s Poet Laureate will read an assortment of poems highlighting the value of place and people in his own work and the work of his peers. Among the other poets whose work he’ll be sharing: his predecessor West Virginia poet laureates Louise McNeill and Irene McKinney; plus Jeff Worley, Frank X. Walker, and Marshall County’s own Carrie Connors and Jake Strautmann. Marc Harshman’s newest collection is Dark Hills of Home – it and a selection of his other poetry titles and children’s books will be available for sale and signing.
- Afterschool Activities – Ongoing GAMES GALORE Kids of all ages can enjoy a variety of board games and puzzles available at the library, as well as word games, trivia questions and coloring sheets.
Summer Reading Program 2023 Special Events
- June 6 @1: Making Ice Cream with WVU Extension Office: **At Housing Authority (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)**
- June 8 @1: Whirls and Twirls Around the World: Stories and Crafts in Kenya with Vicki Howsare
- June 15 @1:30: O’Ryan the O’Mazing***at Housing Authority***
- June 22 @1: Traveling Trunk with the Cockayne Farmstead
- June 29 @1:30: Tony M. Music
- July 11 @1: Plants and Pollinators with the Schrader Center July 13th @1: Seeds and Sprouts with Nicole Shipman
- July 20 @1pm: Rock N Roll Pet Store Kids Show***At the Housing Authority***
- July 25 @2: Painting with Rosalee Christy (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- July 27 @1: Introduction to American Sign Language with Mickey Massey
- August 3 @2: “Goldilocks and the Three Bears” by Steven’s Puppets ***At Housing Authority***
- August 8 @1: A Visit with the Vagabond Chef
- August 10 @1: Pop Up Market with WVU Extension Office
- August 10 @2: End of Summer Reading Program Party **Registration Required**
All events are Free and Open to the Public unless otherwise noted. See individual events for specific audience levels, space limits or registration requirements and related details. Some programs may be Virtual (attended online) or may be Off-Site (attended in-person but at a location outside the library). Please contact the library with questions or for more details.
Thanks to officials and agencies of Benwood, McMechen, Marshall County, and the state of West Virginia. Thanks to our many supporters and community donors, including The Evan G. Roberts Trust through Truist Bank. And special thanks to our patrons, participants and presenters.
Please check the Moundsville-Marshall County Public Library’s Facebook Page for the most current info and updates about programming, events, services and special announcements.